Saturday, September 3, 2016

Beginning a New Year!

Welcome to a new Adventure

Welcome to a brand new year!  This past week we have had a great adventure getting to know new students and reacquainting with out friends.  I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you.

I grew up on our family farm just outside the Twin Cities area raising crops, pigs, and Black Angus (cows).  After graduating from high school I went to Concordia Teachers College in Seward, Neb. (now known as Concordia University, Nebraska).  I loved the small town feel and the fact that my great Uncle and great Aunt lived close to the college.  They were both teachers and my great Uncle was principal and professor at the college.  I graduated with a major in Elementary Education with a concentration in Special Education and a minor in School Music.  My first call was to a small Lutheran school in Seattle, WA - a big change for a farm girl.  I then took a call to Pilgrim Lutheran in Beaverton where I began an exciting adventure that lead to the opening of Forest Hills.  I was the original third / fourth grade teacher for a number of years before "retiring" to raise our children.  While I was a stay-at-home-mom I taught piano lessons, served on the school board here, and substituted before returning to teaching full time.

The summer before the opening of Forest Hills I married the most wonderful man, a gift from God.  Louis and I have three wonderful children - Ruth (a recent graduate of Forest Hills); Katherine - in fourth grade; and Timothy in the primary multi-age.  Our children are involved in many activities which keep us moving and enjoying life with them.

I am very excited to be back at Forest Hills and look forward to having a wonderful year with your amazing children.

No comments:

Post a Comment