Thursday, May 19, 2016

Psalm 51:8-12 ~ Create in Me a Clean Heart, O God

This Psalm is another example of David pouring out his heart to God. He cries out knowing that he is a sinner deserving only God's wrath. He begs, "Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities." Then, he asks, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence...[but] uphold me with a willing spirit." David knows that no evil is allowed in the presence of God. He asks God for that utmost gift - a clean heart and a spirit to hold us in God's presence. What wisdom!
This week, as you discuss, consider these things:
  • What does it mean to have a heart made clean by God?
  • How does this clean heart change you?
  • How does it affect your relationship with God?
  • How does it affect your relationships with the people in your life?
May God bless your conversations this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment